If you want an effective way to attract more leads for your business, Facebook lead ads offer a great solution that can get you the results you want. Even if you’re aware of the power of Facebook lead ads, you might not be entirely sure how to set them up and implement them. When used the right way, they can be an invaluable asset for your business to complement SEO, PPC, and other marketing efforts.
In this guide, we’ll go into how Facebook lead ads work and the steps for running them on the Facebook platform.
What Are Facebook Lead Ads?
If you’re not familiar with Facebook lead ads, these are ads that allow you to collect information from people through their Facebook and Instagram profiles. Using this information, you can target people with ads who are more likely to purchase your product or service offerings based on their interests and demographics. They encourage people to perform a specific action to convert directly through the ad, making them ideal for bringing more leads into your business.
Meta makes it easy to set up Facebook lead ads using your company’s Facebook page, the Meta Ads Manager, or the Meta Business Suite. Generally, Ads Manager is the tool that many marketers use to create and run Facebook lead ads.
Steps for Running Facebook Lead Ads
If you want to successfully run Facebook lead ads on the platform, the following are the basic steps you can take using the Meta Ads Manager solution:
1. Open Ads Manager and Select the Lead Ads Options
The first step is to open the Ads Manager tool and click on + Create. You can then select Leads for the campaign objective. When you’re ready to move on, click on Continue.
The next prompt will ask you to include details for your ad campaign, Advantage campaign budget, and A/B split testing.
You can then click Next when ready to proceed.
2. Choose the Lead Generation Location
The next big step will involve selecting the Conversion location, which will be under Conversion. Here you’ll be able to choose different locations to convert audiences, including:
- Website — You can encourage people to convert through your website, which you can do by setting up a Meta Pixel, which Facebook will also guide you through.
- Instant forms — This option allows you to set up forms that people can complete on either Facebook or Instagram.
- Messenger — If a basic form isn’t enough, use this option to create a question and answer flow that people can follow in the Messenger app.
- Instant forms and Messenger — If you want to harness the power of instant forms and Messenger flows, this option will enable you to use both depending on the option that’s most likely to convert once people see your ads.
- Instagram — Using this option, you can create question and answer flows that people can follow in messages within Instagram.
- Call ads — This option is ideal if you would prefer people call your business directly to perform certain actions such as getting more information, scheduling appointments, or placing orders.
- App — If you have a mobile app, you can use this location to encourage people to buy your offerings through the app. Keep in mind that you’ll need to register your app with Facebook before this option becomes available.
3. Set Up the Campaign and Include All Details
The next main step will involve filling in additional information about your ad campaign before launching it. These details will include your Budget & schedule, Placements, and Audience. However, if you want to target audiences under the age of 18, your options will likely be more restricted when choosing Audience parameters.
You can then decide on either Leads or Conversion leads for your ad goal. Leads will help you attract the highest number of leads possible, while Conversion leads connects with the ad viewers who are most likely to convert.
When ready, click Next.
From here, you can attach your corresponding Facebook or Instagram account using the Identity option, or you can set up a new Instagram account using the Connect account option. The next process will entail selecting a Single image or video or Carousel under Ad setup, and you can add Media, Descriptions, Headlines, and Calls to action to your ads under Ad creative.
The Destination option will allow you to choose where to send people after they view your ad, which could include any of the above Conversion locations listed. Finally, select Tracking options that help measure your ads, which could include App events, Website events, or CRM events.
4. Publish and Measure Your Ads
Simply click Publish to begin running your lead ads and begin measuring the results. Based on the ads’ performance, you can determine what’s working and what needs some improvement, continually optimizing your ad campaigns to produce better results. Eventually, you’re likely to see more leads enter the sales funnel and convert to customers as you perfect your ads.
Get Help With Your Facebook Lead Ads and Other Campaigns
While it’s possible to run Facebook lead ad campaigns on your own using Meta’s available tools, you might not have the time or resources to devote to your campaigns. If this is the case, you may benefit from working with experts who know the ins and outs of Facebook advertising and other types of ad campaigns.
For some assistance with your Facebook lead ads and to develop a winning overall social media ad strategy, consider working with the experts at Vigor Seorchers. Learn more about what we can do for you when by reaching out to us today.