Want to add an account to Google Ads Manager? The process is quite simple once you know the basic steps. You’ll likely want to add an account to Google Ads if you work with a team of people and want to give them access to your data and tools, or you may work with another third party you trust with access to your account.
In this brief guide, you’ll learn how to add users to Google Ads and when you might want to give people access to your account.
An Overview of Google Ads Account Types
There are two main types of Google Ads accounts that people can create on this platform, including:
- Individual client accounts — These Google Ads accounts allow users to develop and manage ad campaigns for a single client. For example, a website owner may run a single client account to run ads for a particular website.
- Manager accounts — These accounts allow marketing agencies and others to add multiple client accounts to the same platform. An example of this would be an agency that wants to run and manage ads for several clients’ websites from a single hub.
When to Give Others Access to Your Google Ads Account
Under some circumstances, you may want to give other people access to your Google Ads account.
One reason to bring other users into your account might be to connect members of a marketing team together. The team could then collectively manage, edit, and create new ad campaigns, analyze data, and assess the performance of each campaign.
You may also want to give access to your account if you’re working with a third-party pay-per-click (PPC) company, and this agency requires access to your account to help manage your campaigns.
Even other people might need access to your account. An example of this could be someone responsible for budgeting who wants to gain insight into your ad spend and advise you on how to optimize your advertising budget.
As long as you trust the person and have a valid reason to share access to your manager or client account, there are plenty of situations when it makes sense to do so.
Steps for Adding Users to Google Ads Manager
If you want to add a new user to Google Ads Manager, you can do so with the following basic steps:
- Log into your Google Ads account on the Google Ads website.
- Go to Admin, then Access & authorization, and choose Users.
- Click on New user to add a new manager.
- Include details about the new user.
- Choose a specific user role, including administrators who have full access to the account, administrators with Ad Manager access only, advertisers who can see the progress of their campaigns, and other account types.
- If you want, you can also add users to teams to give them complete access to all Ad Manager network data.
- Click on the Save button.
Once you’ve completed these steps, the designated user will receive an email invitation to gain access to the account. Invitees can only accept invitations once, and the invitations expire within about a month of sending them. You can create the new user again and resend the invitation if someone fails to accept it on time.
How to Perform Other Actions With Users
After adding a user, there are other steps you may want to take, including editing or deactivating users.
To edit users, take these steps:
- Log into your Google Ads Manager account
- Go to Admin, then Access and authorization, and select Users.
- Choose the specific user you want to edit.
- Choose the user’s name and access the corresponding information.
- Make any changes you want to user details.
- Click on Save.
You may also want to deactivate users at some point when you no longer wish to give them account access. To deactivate a user, take the following actions:
- Go into your account.
- Go back to Users under Access and authorization within Admin navigation.
- Select the name of the user you wish to deactivate.
- Click Active in the upper right corner.
- In the dropdown menu under Active, click Inactive, which will immediately save the option and render the user inactive.
- Reactivate the user anytime by following the same steps and choosing Active under the Active dropdown.
Give Your PPC Campaigns a Boost
As mentioned, you might want to give users access to your Google Ads Manager account if you outsource PPC services to a team of professionals. At Vigor Seorchers, our team of digital marketing experts can help you succeed with your efforts through PPC solutions, along with everything from search engine optimization (SEO) to web design and hosting.
Regardless of your needs, you can count on us to take your Google Ads Manager campaigns to the next level and help your business thrive. Reach out to us today to speak with one of our marketing experts about your needs.